Saturday 11 April 2015

Pregnancy scare!

Pregnancy scare! 



After having spent a day at my nans, I walked to my boyfriend's house. On the way there I must have had a spot bleed which I was pretty worried about because I hadn't bled before during my pregnancy. My boyfriends mum told me that she had quite a bit of spot bleeding during her last pregnancy with my boyfriends brother so I decided not to worry to much and see how everything was in the morning. Well it turns out that I couldn't even sleep due to being so worried but eventually I fast asleep. 

As soon as I woke up I felt like something wasn't right because normally my little man wakes me up but he chose not to this morning. So I tried to get hold of my old midwife due to switching midwifes and not having my current midwifes number but no luck. I called 111 and they gave me a number to call which was for maternity bleep. So straight away I dialed the number and they told me to come into QA hospital now. I had left my maternity notes at my mums, which was such a pain as I had to travel 45minutes to a ferry and then another 45 minutes to my mums place and all the way back and then it took an hour from there to get to the hospital. 

Once I arrived I was directed to two wrong places before I turned up into the right area. I was quite panicked at this time as I still hadn't felt any movements from baby, I normally feel him on the bus due to vibrations but today nothing. My name was on the board in the treetops maternity area and they told me to go into this room where they had an ultra sound system and other maternity uses. Me and my boyfriend waited in that room for a good hour before a midwife came into the room. She checked his heartbeat straight away and look at my notes. His heartbeat was bearable so after that the stress levels went down majorly! We was then left in the room for another hour to the midwife coming back in apologising because she got dragged into doing another job. It felt like they left me to last minute so if anything was to happen to my baby unfortunatly he wouldn't have been here now. Due to the staff not even seeing me for an hour when I arrived and due to them coming in the room and then leaving me an hour between each time. They spent 20 minutes with me even though I was there for over 4 hours.

They didn't ultrasound me or examine me, so I was very upset with that as if anything had happened how would they have known? Luckly he's perfectly healthy! The only thing they were worried about was the fact that they measured my bump and it was measuring quite small, even though his measurements were wrong. So he booked me for a growth scan, my baby is fine he isn't small at all but my bump is tiny. I am very petite and I used to weigh only 6stone now 8 stone and my height is 5ft. So you can't expect a giant baby with me haha! But the growth scan went fine. 

My little danny was definitely playing an April fools joke on me! 
Hopefully never again!!

Lesha x

No comments:

Post a Comment