Friday 27 March 2015

Review - Barry M. Flawless Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit. (with pictures and swatches)


I took a trip to Superdrug the other day while I was just mooching around town and as most girls/women do I was checking out all the cosmetics and I found this Flawless Chisel Cheeks Contour kit by Barry M and what drew me to it the most was the fact that it was on offer, as it was usually £6.49 but I got it for £4.49. So I brought this product not knowing anything about the it. I had never heard of it or even just viewed it before but I brought it! which living in the UK is a risky gamble as you cant take products back to the store after trying it as apparently it's for "hygiene reasons". I am glad I took the gamble though!
It comes in a little magnetic box so it scores a 5-6/10 on how secure it is as sometimes I don't trust packaging like this. I haven't put it in my make-up bag or taken it out with me just in case because im unlucky when it comes to make-up crumbling or breaking in my bag. It is a small product to take with you when travelling which is handy, just put an elastic band around the product to prevent it from opening.  
On the inside of the lid this product has a 'how to apply' step by step guide using all three powder's. 
It has 3 steps which you don't have to go by but if you didn't really know what shade to use for what it helps to have a guide. The first step is about using the light powder, the second step is for using the medium brown powder located underneath the picture and then the last step which is the 3rd step is for using the dark brown powder. I think they all work really nicely together, I was a bit confused about why you would need a middle shade but it really gives you a nice glow like you've caught a bit of a tan which I really like as im very pale!

(photo above) The first shade is the lightest, which you can obviously see. Then you have the middle shade which is medium brown and then the dark shade. 
The lightest shade is a tiny bit shimmery but to be honest on my face is hardly shows up as im so pale. This would look better on tanned or dark skin. The middle shade I also believe to be a little bit shimmery but nothing in your face or too noticeable but the darkest shade is matte. Also a bit of fall out of product but not too much it bothers me.

Here's what it looks like on my finger tips (photo above) You can see the lightest shade and the middle shade are more shinier than the one on the left. They are all very pretty on the face! Definitely worth the money! 

Here's swatches of the products. On my freckly arms haha! For the price they are fairly pigmented but if they were any less pigmented I would be disappointed for sure. The lightest shade took a lot of layers to show up on my arm. 
And here it is on my face...

I believe this is a great dupe for the Sleek MakeUp Face Form which is £9.99
On the sleek palette the lighter shade is more on the bronze side where as the Barry M one is a white shimmery highlighter. 

Where to purchase it; (click below for sites)
Boots - £6.49
Superdrug - £6.49
Barry M - £6.49

Love Lesha x

For 'How to Contour' tutorials by Barry M Click Here




No comments:

Post a Comment